2,4-D Sodium Salt 80% W.P.
1. A selective, systemic, hormone, weed killer taken up by plants through leaves, roots, and more through the vascular system of plants.
2. It has been found effective as a pre-emergent weedicide.
3. A rain-free period of 6-10 hours from the application is adequate for full absorption of the chemical.
4. 2,4-D Sodium Salt is quite effective for aquatic herbs without causing any harm to fishes in general when used in the proper dose.
5. Rain, sub-surface water flow, soil capillary, etc. always help residual pesticides to find a way to water resources but 2,4-D Sodium Salt is much safer in this respect.
6. On unit acreage, using 2,4-D Sodium Salt would be much cheaper than that of any other herbicide.
7. 2,4-D Sodium Salt is used as raw material for Esters and Amine.
8. It is also an established plant growth regulator besides being a powerful (but safe) systemic herbicidal agent.
CHEMICAL & PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS
2,4-D (BSI, WSSA)
Monohydrate Sodium Salt of 2,4-Dicholorophenoxy Acetic Acid (I.U.P.A.C)
Off-white to light pinkish coloured powder having slight phenolic odour.
Acid Content (Calculated as 2,4-D Dichlorophenoxy Acetic Acid)
Melting Point of Extractable acid
136°C to 140°C
Loss on drying
Max 8% at 105°C
Water insoluble matter in mass/max
5gm/100 cc of water at 25°C
1.565 at 30°C
Stable upto 50oC for at least 2 years
The acid is moderately corrosive to metals
‘Weedclean’ i.e., 2,4-D Sodium Salt 80% WP is used mainly as a post-emergent herbicides for control of broad leaved weeds in cereals, sugarcane, tea, wheat, rice, pastures, barley, turf, non-crop areas, sorghum, oats etc.
MODE OF SUPPLY
500gms box/pouch/can & 25kg HDPE woven Bags
25kg HDPE woven Bags